Friday, January 1, 2016

Wedding Day 1940: Mickie and Phil

Mary Elizabeth McDonald and Philip Edward Ryan, aka "Mickie and Phil"
 Menominee, Michigan ~ November 21, 1940 

In the New Year of 2016, I have decided to share stories and photos of my Irish ancestors. I have been involved in genealogy research since 1979 and have connected with many of my distant cousins over the past few decades. In honor of my parents "Mickie & Phil", I am dedicating this blog in their memory. My mother's paternal great grandmother was Mary Ryan Geary born in Cappawhite, Ireland. My father's mother, Annie Sexton Ryan was born in Ballynacally and his father, Michael Joseph Ryan is believed to have been born in Annacotty, Ireland.  Since I have a Ryan on both sides of my family tree I have often said I will probably discover that I am related to myself! 

My goal is to share photos and stories of my past research, while I continue to discover along the way more of my distant cousins who have ancestral origins in Ireland and now reside all over the world.  


No comments:

Post a Comment